My MAPS Project 2011

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Wednesday, March 2nd

Today was interesting. We had to switch our schedule b/c of our third MAPS language assessment. This AM, during math, we used a real life problem to estimate and multiply decimals. After MAPS, we responded to, Cynthia Rylant's, "Slower Than the Rest". I am looking forward to reading the student's responses since we had an excellent discussion about this narrative. Afterwards, we logged onto kidblog.org and wrote our first blog entry. Kidblog is a safe site for kids to blog. I'm having so much fun writing my blog, that I thought I'd include the kids, too (no Twittering, though. I don't like the sound of that:). I'll keep it structured and we'll try to write 3 or 4 times a week. It should be entertaining. Finally, the kids went to Mr. Smith and wrote chemical equations in science (chemical equations !). I resent the loggin for pearsonsuccessnet.com so your child can practice their facts and play games that cover our math objectives. Try to have them log on as often as possible. I'll find out what's up w/ JIJI as well. It seems like most students had trouble logging on. Finally, there will be a short quiz tomorrow on your kid's reading HW tonight. If they read, it will be a snap. If not, it will be painful. Have a nice evening.

Homework:
Math: IWB 72 (gr. 5); 200-201 #'s 8-24 evens (gr. 4)
Reading in anthology: Tall tales 110-124 (gr. 5) A family Reunion 189 -211(gr. 4)
Spelling: Study Lesson 20 (gr. 5) and Lesson 22 (gr. 4)
Language Arts: none
Science: finish lab and worksheet
Social Studies: Study for Monday's test
General: Sign CJ,Planner and progress report (for Mr. Smith)

No comments:

Post a Comment