My MAPS Project 2011

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tuesday, March 22

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, but my entire evening, after the HW kids split, was spent working on my MAPS presentation (nothing like waiting until the last moment). Today went well. We only had math as it was a shortened day. We discussed dividing decimals with decimals. We understand the concept, but some kids are struggling because, sadly, they haven't committed their multiplication facts to memory. After the students left, we had an inservice during which we continued our work around Thinking Maps. I came away with some excellent ideas that I will utilize in our classroom. Conference forms will be sent home TOMORROW. I'd love to meet with every child's parent/guardian, but spaces/times are limited. As such, if you wish to meet, return your form as soon as possible.

IMPORTANT INFO:
1) Jog-athon slip due by Wednesday, March 30th.
2) Mock Trial slip and $6.00 due ASAP
3) Johnson STEM t-shirt order forms due.


Homework:
Math: DSR 33-34(gr. 5); Text pages 231-232 9-33 odd (gr. 4)
Reading: none
Language Arts: Worksheets "Irata Gaming System"
Spelling: Study Lesson 23(gr. 5) and 29 (gr. 4)
Science: None
Social Studies: Study chapter 6 for next Friday's test
General: Sign CJ and planner; fundraise; return field trip slip and $

No comments:

Post a Comment