My MAPS Project 2011

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tuesday the 15th

Another great day today @ school. Everyone was motivated and positive. However, the students are not doing their HW. 8 students were w/out their HW today and that's just for me. It doesn't even include the kids who failed to do his HW last night. We write every assignment in our planners and I am willing to help after school and Mr. Smith volunteers to do so in the AM, so there is really no excuse for kids not doing their HW (other than laziness and that's not an excuse :). I've taken recess and reward days from them and don't know what else to do. Looks like next it's going to be writing standards. Some kids haven't had recess since we returned form break. I don't want to be the guy to take recess away and whatnot, but I don't have much choice. If I don't teach them anything this year, I'm going to teach them to be responsible for their work and behavior. I'll make many phone calls tonight to the recidivists to see if their parents have any ideas.

Important Information:
1. Today is the last day to enroll your child in the middle school of your choice.
2. We have MAPS testing tomorrow.
3. More Star Gazing pizza order forms sent today
4. Child ID photos taken tomorrow
5. East Mesa trip is next Tuesday the 22nd.

Homework:
Math: Page 89-order of operations (gr. 5); 176-177 #’s 8-30 (even)(gr. 4)
Reading: None
Spelling: Study Lesson 18 and (gr.5) Lesson 20 (gr. 4)...words in planner
Science: None
Language Arts: York worksheet
Social Studies: Homework book page and to watch the World News
General: Sign CJ and planner

No comments:

Post a Comment