My MAPS Project 2011

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thursday After the Aztec's Game

Went to the Aztec's game last night. They're an impressive basketball team that will hopefully go far in the NCAA Tournament. My MD squad will, sadly, end up around .500, so I'm going along for the ride with SDSU. I was out enjoying the game, so I didn't blog it up yesterday. I apologize to all 2 of my readers (my mom and myself). Today was a good day. Both math groups fully grasped using the Distributive Property to solve equations. We also read and discussed Langston Hughes' "Thank You Ma'am" short story, which is one of my favorite narratives. During DI, we read chapter 4 of "the Odyssey". The kids are really enjoying this myth (however watered down it may be).

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
1) Our field trip to East Mesa Juvenile Detention Center is Tuesday. As such, we need to be sure to...
a) sign and return the field trip slip
b) send in the $7.00 ( if you need to send less, it's cool)
c) be sure your son/daughter arrives a little early Monday. We'll leave @ 9:10.
**You also may wish to send a lunch b/c most kids don't enjoy the bag lunch.**

Homework:
Math: IWB 63 1-7 (odd) 9-13(gr. 5); 180-181 #’s 8-30 (even)(gr. 4)
Reading: 35 mins
Spelling: Study Lesson 18 and (gr.5) Lesson 20 (gr. 4)
Science: None
Language Arts: Thinking MAPS
Social Studies: none
General: Sign CJ and planner

No comments:

Post a Comment